Recipe by Janecooksswell
Eight ingredients...with at least 3 already in your kitchen...make this soup easy as well as delicious.
- 2 lbs potatoes
- 2 leeks
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 10 ounces spinach or 10 ounces watercress or 10 ounces arugula
- 1 quart chicken or 1 quart vegetable broth
- salt & pepper
- 1 cup cream (optional) or 1 cup creme fraiche (optional) or 1 cup sour cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Clean, peel (if desired), and cut potatoes into 1" pieces. Place in large bowl.
- Clean leeks. Cut lengthwise, then into 1/4" slices. Add to potatoes.
- Mince or press garlic over potatoes and leeks.
- Drizzle with olive oil and put the whole mess in a rimmed cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and roast for 40 minutes, turning once after 20 minutes.
- After 40 minutes, pull vegetables and pour wine over. Place spinach on vegetables and carefully put back into the oven for 5 minutes, just to wilt the spinach (or other green).
- When spinach has wilted, pull cookie sheet from oven and gently scrape vegetables from cookie sheet.
- In batches, scoop vegetables into food processor with 1 cup of broth and pulse to desired consistency (or if chunky is your thing, simply use a potato masher, adding broth is needed).
- Add salt, pepper, and cream as desired.