1/4 Photos of Roasted Potato Halves With Herb Sprigs
Chef Kate's Note:
Sounds better in French: Pommes de Terres Roties aux Herbes Variees. These are very pretty potatoes--and tasty too. Simple and elegant. From Georgeanne Brennan's "Savoring France."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375F (190C).
- 2Place the halved potatoes in a bowl and pour the oil over them. Toss in the oil and/or rub them with your hands to insure that each is coated with oil.
- 3Arrange the potatoes cut side up on a baking sheet.
- 4Astuce (Hint): If your potato half keeps rolling over, slice a tiny sliver off the uncut side, giving it a flat surface on which to rest.
- 5Press an herb sprig on to each potato half; sprinkle them with salt.
- 6Bake until a golden crust has formed on the cut surface and the potato half is tender through, about 45 minutes.
- 7Serve, cut side up and nice and hot.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Potato Halves With Herb Sprigs
Serving Size: 1 (149 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 207.8
- Calories from Fat 92
- Total Fat 10.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1168.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 2.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: