Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
Another Low Cholesterol recipe, I'm not crazy about the Kalamata Olives, so they are optional with me. You can use either fresh or frozen green beans with this.
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 1 lb small red potato, unpeeled
- 1 1⁄2 lbs green beans
- 2 cups chicken breasts, diced and cooked
- 1⁄2 cup roasted red pepper, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄4 cup kalamata olive, drained and coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 400°F
- Lightly spray a baking sheet with olive oil spray.
- Cut the potatoes into 3/4-inch cubes.
- Place them in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Lightly spray the potatoes with olive oil spray.
- Bake, uncovered, for 35 to 40 minutes, or until the potatoes are golden brown and tender when pierced with a sharp knife.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, bring enough water to cover the green beans to a boil over high heat.
- Add the green beans.
- Cook, uncovered, over medium-high heat for 6 to 8 minutes, or until the beans are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Drain well and pat dry with paper towels.
- In a large bowl, combine the beans, potatoes, chicken, peppers and olives.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients until well blended listed below.
- 2 Tbls white wine vinegar.
- 2 Tbls fresh lemon juice.
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced.
- 2 tsps olive oil.
- 2 tsps light brown sugar.
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest.
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano, crumbled
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to coat.