Recipe by kolibri
Lovely variation to the good ole potato salad. I prefer my potato salad without mayonnaise, and this vinaigrette for this one is to die for.
Top Review by MrsDoty
I wish I had doubled the recipe, because this salad was so popular with the dinner crowd! Two possible amendments: 1) You can cook the green beans in the microwave on high for 45 seconds. 2) If you don't have sherry vinegar, white wine vinegar will do nicely.
- 3⁄4 lb potato, like heirloom, red-skinned, your favourite
- 1⁄2 lb green beans, topped and tailed
- 100 -200 g spicy greens (like watercress, red mustard, baby argula, dandelion)
- 1 cup ripe cherry tomatoes, halved if they are big
- 4 large eggs
- olive oil
- coarse salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 shallot
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried tarragon or 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh tarragon
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- coarse salt
- ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the potatoes into wedges and put them on to a baking sheet.
- Drizzle them with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake about 30-40 minutes, or until they are done.
- Meanwhile, bring a pot of water to a boil and add the beans with a pinch of salt.
- Cook uncovered until the beans are crisp-tender, about 7 minutes.
- Drain the beans and run under cold water - this preserves the lovely green colour.
- Place them on a towel to dry.
- Make the vinaigrette: combine all the incredients in a bowl, mix well so the oil emulsifies.
- I often put it in a plastic container with a lid and just shake.
- Combine the potatoes, beans, tomatoes and greens in a mixing bowl, add the vinaigrette and toss well.
- You can either poach the eggs and add them onto individual plates, or boil the eggs and cut into wedges and just add into the salad.