A little twist on the traditional potato salad. Is a great dish to bring to a BBQ or cookout. This contains no mayo or creaminess. Roasted red skinned potatoes and red bell peppers are tossed in a simple and flavorful homemade roasted garlic, olive oil and balsamic dressing.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- 2Place 1/2 cup of the olive oil in a large bowl. Toss the cubed potatoes in the oil until coated, and then spread them evenly on a baking sheet.
- 3Pass the red peppers through the bowl of oil, making sure they are evenly coated. Place on a separate baking sheet.
- 4Cut about 1/2-inch off the tops of the garlic and drizzle with the remaining oil from the bowl. Place on the baking sheet with the red peppers.
- 5Sprinkle the potatoes, peppers and garlic with salt and pepper.
- 6Place both baking sheets in the oven for about 20 minute.
- 7Check the potatoes; they should be soft, brown and crispy. If not return them to the oven for and additional 10 minute or until they are done. The peppers and garlic will take longer, and are done when the skins on the peppers are black and garlic is dark brown (no more than 40 min total).
- 8Once everything is roasted, place the potatoes in a large bowl and seal the peppers in a plastic bag to let them steam for 10 min (this will loosen their skins).
- 9Take the peppers out of the bag, remove their skins and seeds and chop them up. Add to the bowl with potatoes and stir to mix.
- 10Turn the garlic heads upside down and squeeze the softened garlic into a separate, small bowl.
- 11Mix in the balsamic vinegar, 1/3 cup olive oil and oregano until smooth.
- 12Pour the dressing onto the potatoes and peppers and toss to coat.
- 13Season to taste with additional salt and pepper if needed.
- 14Best served warm or at room temperature. Can be re-warmed in the microwave.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Potato and Garlic Salad
Serving Size: 1 (378 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 495.3
- Calories from Fat 275
- Total Fat 30.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 20.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 6.4 g