Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A little twist on the traditional potato salad. Is a great dish to bring to a BBQ or cookout. This contains no mayo or creaminess. Roasted red skinned potatoes and red bell peppers are tossed in a simple and flavorful homemade roasted garlic, olive oil and balsamic dressing.
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Place 1/2 cup of the olive oil in a large bowl. Toss the cubed potatoes in the oil until coated, and then spread them evenly on a baking sheet.
- Pass the red peppers through the bowl of oil, making sure they are evenly coated. Place on a separate baking sheet.
- Cut about 1/2-inch off the tops of the garlic and drizzle with the remaining oil from the bowl. Place on the baking sheet with the red peppers.
- Sprinkle the potatoes, peppers and garlic with salt and pepper.
- Place both baking sheets in the oven for about 20 minute.
- Check the potatoes; they should be soft, brown and crispy. If not return them to the oven for and additional 10 minute or until they are done. The peppers and garlic will take longer, and are done when the skins on the peppers are black and garlic is dark brown (no more than 40 min total).
- Once everything is roasted, place the potatoes in a large bowl and seal the peppers in a plastic bag to let them steam for 10 min (this will loosen their skins).
- Take the peppers out of the bag, remove their skins and seeds and chop them up. Add to the bowl with potatoes and stir to mix.
- Turn the garlic heads upside down and squeeze the softened garlic into a separate, small bowl.
- Mix in the balsamic vinegar, 1/3 cup olive oil and oregano until smooth.
- Pour the dressing onto the potatoes and peppers and toss to coat.
- Season to taste with additional salt and pepper if needed.
- Best served warm or at room temperature. Can be re-warmed in the microwave.