Recipe by Lainey39
This recipe works well as an appetizer or as a sandwich on a toasted bun. Recipe is from All Recipes. Updated 3-1-08 as a result of 2Bleu's review.
Top Review by okieinitaly
This was my first time preparing mushrooms this way...so they weren't perfect...which I attribute to inexperience. They were really delicious. I used Italian style bread crumbs. They were just a little watery, but next time I'll follow the advice of another and pat them dry a little bit before adding the blue cheese. I think it's a good idea to brush them with the soy sauce instead of drizzling as well. I'll definitely make them again.
- 2 portabella mushrooms, stems removed
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil, to mix with soy sauce
- herb seasoning mix, sprinkle desired amount (Buddha's Herb Mix for Mushrooms, recommended)
- fresh ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons blue cheese, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven or toaster oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place mushroom caps, gill side up, on baking sheet.
- Drizzle with soy sauce and add a few grinds of black pepper to each cap.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and sprinkle 1 1/2 tablespoon blue cheese onto each cap.
- Return to oven and bake an additional 10 minutes, or until cheese is fully melted.