Recipe by Lainey39
This is a recipe I saw Sandra Lee make on one of her shows. It looks like a delicious and easy appetizer for mushrooms.
- 3 large portabella mushroom caps
- 3⁄4 cup roasted garlic light balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing, plus
- 2 tablespoons roasted garlic light balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning (recommended ( McCormick)
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) bagstore-bought crostini
- 1⁄2 cup roasted red pepper, cut into 1/2-inch wide strips
- fresh oregano leaves, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly wipe the caps clean with a paper towel.
- Cut into 1/2-inch slices, place in a large zip-top bag and add 3/4 cup of balsamic dressing.
- Squeeze air from bag and seal.
- Lightly massage the mushrooms to ensure they are all evenly coated. Marinate in refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours.
- Heat olive oil in a large saute pan over medium high heat.
- Add the marinated mushrooms and saute for about 6 to 8 minutes until tender.
- Meanwhile in a small bowl, stir together ricotta, 2 tablespoons balsamic dressing, and Italian seasoning; season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Spread crostini with the ricotta mixture.
- Top each crostini with a portobello slice and cross with a red pepper strip. Garnish with oregano leaf.