Delicate and lean, pork tenderloin is an excellent cut that can be roasted whole or sliced into medallions. This recipe will allow you to prepare the rest of the meal while the tenderloin is roasting in the oven. I like to serve this with sauteed apple slices, sweet potato cakes and haricotes vert with walnuts.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs pork tenderloin, whole
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons thyme, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns, crushed
- 1 1/3 cups vegetable broth or 1 1/3 cups chicken broth
- 1Preheat oven to 425*F.
- 2Place a rack in a roasting pan, spray with nonstick spray, and place in oven.
- 3Remove any excess fat or silverskin from the tenderloin.
- 4Season the tenderloin with salt and pepper.
- 5Heat the vegetable oil in a large saute pan over medium high heat.
- 6Sear the tenderloin until it is golden brown on all sides, about 5 minutes.
- 7Remove the tenderloin and place it on the rack in the roasting pan.
- 8Roast to the desired doneness.
- 9(Pork is safely cooked when it reaches an internal temperature of 160*f) This will take approximately 15 to 20 minutes.
- 10while the tenderloin is roasting, return the saute pan to medium heat.
- 11Add the garlic and shallots; cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- 12Add the tomato paste and cook until slightly browned.
- 13Add the mustard, honey, vinegar, thyme, salt, pepper and chicken broth.
- 14Bring to a boil, then simmer until the mixture reduces to a sauce consistency, about 10 minutes.
- 15Keep warm.
- 16Remove the tenderloins from the oven and let stand 5 to 10 minutes, before slicing.
- 17Carefully skim and discard the fat from the pan juices.
- 18Pour the degreased pan juices into the sauce.
- 19Bring the sauce to a boil again, reduce the heat and simmer until it is slightly reduced again.
- 20Serve the pork sliced with the warm honey-mustard sauce.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Pork Tenderloin With Honey Mustard Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (194 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 284.9
- Calories from Fat 114
- Total Fat 12.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 112.2 mg
- Sodium 723.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 35.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: