Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
From 'Everyday Food'. I made this using one large pork loin. I felt it needed a bit more hoisin sauce, so I doubled the amount indicated. It was really delicious.
- 1 (2 lb) acorn squash, quartered, seeded and sliced 1/2 inch thick, skin on (see note)
- 8 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 (1 lb) pork tenderloin
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- Preheat over to 375 degrees.
- Scatter squash and garlic in a lrge roasting pan.
- Mix rosemary, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; rub into pork.
- Place in pan with vegetables; drizzle with oil.
- Roast 25 minutes.
- Brush pork with hoisin sauce.
- Continue roasting, about 15 minutes, until pork reaches and internal temperature of 140 degrees.
- Let meat stand 5 minutes before slicing into 1 1/2 inch tenderloins.
- Serve with squash, garlic, and any pan juices.
- NOTE: The recipe says to leave the skin on the squash. Perhaps this is so the squash will not fall apart during the cooking process. I did cook it as specified but took it off prior to eating.
very good roast and very easy. I used butternut squash. this is a winner