1/3 Photos of Roasted Pork Loin With Sweet Tangy Sauce
3 hrs 20 mins
This roast is so tender and juicy and has a sweet tangy sauce that will melt in your mouth.I got this from another website and tweaked it to my likings. I roast this is a glass baking dish on top of an onion cut into 4 pieces. If you are preparing a larger roast just double the ingredients. The sauce is also good on rice if you'd like. Prep time does not include marinating time. I plate this with the onions that were in the bottom-oh so good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (2 1/2 lb) pork loin roast
- 1 large onion (cut into 4 or 5 big pieces)
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon flour (don't worry about that lumping up-it won't)
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1Preheat oven to 325°F.
- 2In a bowl, combine sage, salt, pepper, and garlic.
- 3Rub roast with olive oil so rub will stick to the roast.
- 4Rub mix all over roast.
- 5Cover with plastic wrap tightly.
- 6Marinate for about 2 hours (if you don't have time for that it'll still be fine.
- 7Sprinkle the Worcestershire sauce on right before you put it in the oven.
- 8Place roast in either a roasting pan or glass dish on top of the onion.
- 9Pour 1/4 cup water in bottom.(don't pour it over the roast).
- 10Place in oven on middle rack.
- 11Cover for the first 2 hours then uncover for remaining time.
- 12Bake approximately 3 hours or until internal temperature is at least 150°F depending on your desired doneness.
- 13Meanwhile, place sugar, flour,vinegar, water and soy sauce in small saucepan. Heat, stirring occasionally until mixture begins to bubble and thicken slightly.
- 14Brush roast with glaze 3 or 4 times during last half hour of cooking.
- 15When roast is done (I use a meat thermometer to ensure that it's done). Take out of oven, pour remaining glaze on and let rest set about 10 minutes before carving.
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Pork Loin With Sweet Tangy Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (158 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 367.0
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 114.9 mg
- Sodium 504.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 14.4 g
- Protein 41.4 g