Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄3 cup apple cider
- 1⁄2 cup hazelnuts
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 large shallots, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups coarse fresh bread, crumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3 lbs centre cut boneless single pork loin roast
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 4 shallots, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup riesling wine or 1 cup other white wine
- 1 cup chicken stock (preferably sodium-reduced)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- In a small bowl, combine cranberries and cider.
- Cover and microwave at High for 1 minute.
- Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Spread hazelnuts on rimmed baking sheet; toast in 350°F oven or toaster oven, about 8 minutes.
- Rub off most of the skins with a clean tea towel.
- Let cool; chop and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in skillet, melt butter over medium-low heat; cook shallots, sage and half each of the salt and pepper, stirring often, until shallots are softened, about 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, toss together bread crumbs, cranberry mixture, hazelnuts, shallot mixture and parsley.
- Set aside.
- Place pork, fat side up, on cutting board.
- Starting at right side with knife parallel to board, cut loin in half almost but not all the way through.
- Open like book so loin lies almost flat.
- Starting in centre of opened loin, with knife parallel to board, cut in half on left side almost but not all the way through.
- Repeat on right side.
- Open flat.
- Cover with waxed or parchment paper.
- With mallet, pound to even thickness.
- Sprinkle with half each of the remaining salt and pepper.
- Leaving 1-inch border on 1 short side, evenly spread cranberry stuffing over meat.
- Starting at other short side, tightly roll up jelly rollstyle.
- Place seven 12-inch lengths of cotton string under loin.
- Tie at top of loin; cut off excess string.
- Place on rack in roasting pan.
- Brush with oil; sprinkle with remaining salt and pepper.
- Roast in 375°F oven until golden and meat thermometer registers 160°F, about 1 hour and 20 minutes.
- Transfer to carving board; tent with foil and let stand for 15 minutes before removing string and carving into 1/2-inch thick slices.
- SAUCE: Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir flour with butter; set aside.
- Skim off fat in roasting pan.
- Pour remaining meat juices into a saucepan over mecium heat.
- Add the shallots and cook shallots and garlic, stirring, until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add wine; bring to boil over high heat, scraping up any brown bits from bottom of pan.
- Boil until reduced by half, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in chicken stock and pepper; return to boil.
- Stir in flour mixture and cook, stirring, until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Strain into gravy boat, pressing to extract all juices.
- Serve with pork.
Hi Hag Chef; I made this recipe, followed your ingredients and directions to the letter. The rolled loin roast turned out fabulous and the taste of the stuffing was great. Also the sauce was absolutely delightful. The only problem that I had was that there was so much stuffing left over. I think that the bread crumbs should be cut back to 1 cup. The boneless single pork loin roast weighed 2 pounds 13 ounces. It also flattened real well, but just could not stuff it with all the stuffing. Thanks for a tasty pork recipe. "Uncle Bill"