Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This healthy low carb and low fat pork loin with rosemary and garlic is so easy is this and good.
- 1 (2 3/4 lb) boneless pork loin
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup dry white wine
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Rub the pork loin with rosemary, garlic, salt and pepper and place it in a roasting pan. Pour the wine into the bottom of the pan.
- Roast the pork for about 1 1/2 hours, basting occasionally with the wine and juices from the bottom of the pan. The pork is cooked when a meat thermometer measures 160°F.
- Remove it from the oven and let the meat rest about 15 minutes before slicing.
What a wonderful and tasty dish. I followed the instructions except for adding some thyme with the minced rosemary. I did have to add a little more liquid while it was cooking but ohhhh the smell was heavely! Thank you for submitting the recipe and this is one for my Favorites of 2012 and I will be making this again. Made for Turning Over a New Leaf Diabetic tag game.
I did enjoy this recipe, though I think next time I'll cook it longer at a lower temp. Also, I didn't have white wine and checked the web for a good substitute, it said white grape juice, but I had apple so because I like pork and apple I went with that. I think I'll do the juice again next time. Thanks for the recipe!
This was very easy and delicious, too. I had to add an additional cup of wine because the 1 cup evaporated significantly about halfway through the cooking time. Also, after cooking for 1 hour, my roast tested 180Â°. I basted every 15 minutes. Next time, I will either reduce the cooking temperature or cooking time. Still, the roast came out very moist and so flavorful. Thanks.