Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 2 lbs pork loin
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup cracked black pepper
- 1 low-calorie bread
- 1 lb bacon, small dice
- 2 cups yellow onions, julienned
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 1 cup veal reduction
- 2 tablespoons shallots, minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- salt & pepper
- Prehaet the oven to 400 degrees.
- For pork loin: Season the entire loin with olive oil and salt. In a hot saute pan, sear the loin for 1-2 minnutes on each side. Remove from pan and crust the loin with cracked black pepper.
- Place in a roasting pan.
- Roast the loin for 25 to 30 minutes for medium.
- Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- For the spaetzle: In a hot large pan, render the bacon until crispy, remove the bacon from the pan.
- In the bacon fat, saute the onions for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the bacon.