Recipe by threeovens
A quick and easy weeknight meal. The meal is started on the stove top, then finished in the oven. This recipe calls for instant polenta, so if you want to use regular, you'll have to make that ahead of time.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 pork chops (1 inch thick bone-in)
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 3⁄4 cup instant polenta
- 6 ounces gruyere cheese, grated (1 1/2 cups)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large, oven safe skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium high heat; season pork chops with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- Cook until browned, about 3 to 4 minutes per side; remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add the remaining tablespoon oil to the skillet, add tomatoes, garlic; season with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes; add wine and simmer until the tomatoes begin to soften, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Return pork chops to skillet and nestle into the tomatoes; cook in the oven until the chops are cooked through, about 6 to 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring 3 cups water to a boil in a saucepan.
- Whisk in polenta and cook, while whisking, until thickened, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Whisk in the cheese, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.