Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 7 hrs
This is my favorite way to roast pork. The simple seasonings and slow roasting deliver a delicious shredded pork to eat on a bun, in a burrito or straight outta the pan! This is from Emeril Lagasse.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Season all sides of the pork with salt and pepper.
- Combine the Creole seasoning and olive oil in a small bowl to make a paste.
- Rub the paste all over the pork.
- Place the pork, fat side up on a rack in a roasting pan.
- Roast the pork for 30 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to 250 degrees F and continue to cook for 6 -1/2 hours.
- Remove from the oven and cool completely.
- Shred all of the meat using 2 forks.
It was delicious. I used Emeril's seasoning and couldn't resist sticking a couple of bits of garlic in the fat. Also added 1/2 cup of water to the great carmelization plus a splash of Madeira and it made a fantastic gravy.
This was SO good. I was afraid it wouldn't turn out, but it was fabulous. I made the recipe exactly as posted, using a cheapie old pork butt (79 cents a pound) and it was delicious. We sliced the meat thinly and had it for dinner and then shredded the leftovers for BBQ sandwiches. This recipe is a Keeper!!