Prep 2 hrs
Cook 55 mins
It's excellent served with port wine gravy, black beans and rice.
- 1 (2 1/2 lb) pork sirloin roast or 1 (2 1/2 lb) pork shoulder or 1 (2 1/2 lb) pork roast
- 1 head garlic, peeled
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup key lime juice
- To make the mojo, place all ingredients in a food processor and grind to a smooth paste. (all ingredients except for the pork).
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Slather pork with mojo.
- Marinate in refrigerator at least 2 hours to overnight.
- Place pork with mojo (do not try to discard) in roasting pan.
- Put into oven for 15 minutes.
- Lower heat to 325 degrees F; allow pork to roast until an internal temperature of 170 degrees F is reached, approximately 30 to 40 minutes.
- Rest roast for 10 minutes. Slice and serve.
- Makes 6 to 8 servings.