Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a favorite Rosh Hashanah dish for Moroccan Jews. It is completely kosher.
Make and share this Roasted Pomegranate Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 375°F In a cup, mix oil and garlic. Brush garlic oil over chicken.
- Place chicken in a shallow baking dish. Drizzle any remaining oil over chicken. Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes, basting several times with pan juices, until skin is browned and juices run clear when a thigh is pierced at thickest part with a fork.
- Remove 1 tablespoon seeds from pomegranate. Set aside for garnish. Squeeze juice form remaining pomegranate through a sieve into a small bowl.
- In a small nonreactive saucepan, mix pomegranate juice, wine, lemon juice, and cinnamon sugar. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and cook 5 minutes. Season sauce with salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer roasted chicken to a serving platter and pierce each piece several times. Pour sauce over chicken. Garnish with pomegranate seeds and serve at room temperature.
Very tasty. I left out the wine as well and found the taste wonderful.
My husband surprised me with this dish on a rainy/windy night. He left out the wine, and it was so tasty. We will be fixing this again.