Recipe by SusieQusie
This sauce is extremely versatile. It can be used as a dressing, sauce, a spread and a dip. Great on chicken, fish and pork. This has the essence of guacamole without the avocado. UPDATE: 9/15/2006- Adopted from the Recipezaar account.
Top Review by mommyluvs2cook
The only reason for 4 stars is that I think the onion amount should definitely be cut in half. I love onions and thought it dominated all of the other flavors. My husband agreed. Other than that though, it was delicious! Served over some grilled chicken, and I think it will be nice on scrambled eggs like someone else suggested :) :)
- 2 poblano peppers, roasted, peeled and seeded
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup spinach leaves
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro leaf
- 2 teaspoons honey
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a blender or food processor, combine the poblanos, onion and lime juice and blend until smooth.
- While the blender is running, add the oil slowly until emulsified.
- Add the spinach and cilantro and blend until smooth.
- Add the honey and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve at room temperature.