1/1 Photo of Roasted Poblano & Bell Pepper Chicken Taco
Columbus Foodie's Note:
Found in Fine Cooking: Delicious Chicken 2006 magazine. Slightly modified to use rotisserie chicken from the supermarket. The magazine also suggests that you should experiment with the recipe, adding toppings you like, or using shredded beef instead of chicken. I usually serve this with soutwestern rice and fried plantains.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded and flattened
- 1 poblano chile, stemmed, seeded, and flattened
- 1 1/2 cups shredded rotisserie cooked chicken
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1/2 lime, juice of
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped yellow onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro, plus more for garnish
- 4 small corn tortillas
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup salsa, for serving
- 1Position an oven rack close to the broiler and heat the broiler.
- 2Put the peppers skin side up on a baking sheet and broil until blackened.
- 3Transfer the peppers to a small bowl, cover the bowl with plastic wrap, and let cool.
- 4Reduce the oven to 400 degrees F.
- 5In a medium bowl, combine the olive oil, cumin, cayenne, half of the garlic, and the lime juice. Season with salt.
- 6Add the chicken to the bowl and toss to coat it well with the vinaigrette.
- 7When the peppers are cool enough to handle, remove the blackened skin, and chop the peppers finely.
- 8In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, onion, the other half of the garlic, the cilantro, and the chopped peppers.
- 9Put the tortillas on a baking sheet. Divide the chicken among the tortillas leaving a little space around the edges. Top with the sour cream mixture and then the cheese.
- 10Bake until the cheese is melted, about 5 minutes. Garnish with a little fresh cilantro and serve with some salsa.
- 11Eat as is with a knife and fork or roll the tortilla up and eat with your hands.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Poblano & Bell Pepper Chicken Taco
Serving Size: 1 (187 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 300.6
- Calories from Fat 174
- Total Fat 19.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 59.4 mg
- Sodium 339.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 17.9 g