From Rachael Ray's "Just in Time" cookbook. I haven't made it yet but I think I will this week - it sounds so yummy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 large poblano peppers
- 2 lbs sirloin shell steak
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 4 -5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle dark Mexican beer, such as Negra Modelo
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 lime, juice and zest of
- 1Preheat the broiler to high and place the poblanos on a broiler pan or baking sheet. Char and blacken the skins all over under the hot broiler. Set the poblanos in a bowl (or plastic sealable bag); let stand for 10 to 15 minutes. When the peppers have cooled, peel off the skins, discard the seeds and cut the peppers into large bite-size pieces.
- 2Trim the steak and cut it into thin bite-size strips about 1 1/2 inches long and 1/4 inch thick. Heat the olive oil in a stew pot over high heat. When it ripples add the beef and sear on all sides, seasoning it with salt and pepper. Add the onions and garlic and reduce the heat to medium-high. Cook the onions for 5 minutes, then stir in the smoked paprika, cumin, coriander and chili powder, distributing the spices well.
- 3Deglaze the pan with the beer, scraping up the browned bits, and cook for a minute to reduce. Add the tomatoes and lime zest, then stir in the poblano peppers.
- 4Reduce the heat to low and simmer the chili for 15 to 20 minutes. Squeeze the lime juice over the chili and turn off the heat. Serve in shallow bowls garnished with a few crushed tortilla chips.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Poblano and Sliced Steak Chili
Serving Size: 1 (364 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 743.6
- Calories from Fat 475
- Total Fat 52.7 g
- Saturated Fat 18.1 g
- Cholesterol 152.0 mg
- Sodium 151.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 46.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
diced fire-roasted tomatoes