1/2 Photos of Roasted Poblano and Chicken Enchiladas With Sour Cream Sauce
Love this recipe!!! This is a combination of recipes that Dh and I came up with. It's my filling recipe and his sauce recipe. This looks like a lot of work, but really it's not. I usually make the filling up ahead of time and then all I have to do is roll them and make the sauce. Serve with black beans and spanish rice! Enjoy!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the Enchiladas
- 2 cups rotisserie-cooked chicken
- 2 poblano peppers, roasted and chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 10 soft taco-size flour tortillas
- 1/4 cup green onion, finely sliced
For the sour cream enchilada sauce
- 1 large shallot, finely minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 -2 serrano peppers (optional) or 1 -2 jalapeno pepper, minced (optional)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1To roast the peppers: Cut poblano peppers in half, remove all seeds and stem. Roast poblano peppers at 450 degrees until skin begins to blister and turn black in spots, this should take about 10-15 minutes. ***I save the plastic produce sack the peppers came in and when they come out of the oven, I place them in the sack and seal the sack. Let sit 5-10 minutes. The steam from inside will loosen the black skin. Pick what you can of the black parts off, then chop the peppers.
- 2Combine the first 8 ingredients in a bowl. Set aside.
- 3To make the sour cream enchilada sauce: Saute shallot, garlic and peppers in butter over medium heat in a large skillet until veggies soften. Add spices. Cook for another minute.
- 4Combine sour cream and flour well. Add to skillet along with chicken broth. Wisk to combine. (It'll look a little funny for a minute, but don't worry!) Bring mixture to boil. Reduce heat, wisk and simmer until sauce is thick and creamy.
- 5Add 3/4 cup of enchy sauce to the filling mixture. Combine well.
- 6In a greased 13x9 casserole, coat the bottom of dish with 1/2 cup of enchy sauce.
- 7Place 1/4 cup of filling down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in casserole. Repeat with remaining tortillas and filling. Top casserole with remaining enchy sauce.
- 8Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes or until warm and bubbly!
- 9Garnish with green onions.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Poblano and Chicken Enchiladas With Sour Cream Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (421 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 761.9
- Calories from Fat 390
- Total Fat 43.3 g
- Saturated Fat 20.3 g
- Cholesterol 133.1 mg
- Sodium 1188.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 38.6 g