Recipe by Sue Lau
Choose ripe plaintains for this dish. If you have green ones, allow them to ripen until they look like overripe bananas with black marks.
Top Review by Muffin Goddess
Loved this recipe! I had bought a bunch of plaintains for another, more time-consuming recipe,but didn't have time to make it. Saw this one and figured why not. I even introduced someone to plaintains with this, and they ate most of the dish. The only addition I made was to add a tbs. of melted guava jelly to half of the pan (the other half got eaten immediately by DH). Either way, they were very good. Nice and easy, too.
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly coat a shallow baking pan with non-stick cooking spray or butter/oil.
- Slice each plaintain in half lengthwise, and then into 5 sections; remove peel.
- Place plaintain pieces in prepared baking pan.
- Pour orange juice evenly over plaintain pieces; sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until tender.