1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Bon Appetit, March 2005. Tumeric and saffron gives this salsa a golden hue.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 fresh pineapple, peeled, cut crosswise into 1-inch thick slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, seeded, cut into 1/3-inch cubes
- 1 large yellow tomatoes, cut into 1/3-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 serrano chilies, very thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 pinch saffron
- 1Preheat oven to 450°F.
- 2Toss pineapple slices, 1/2 T oil, honey, and tumeric in large bowl to coat.
- 3Transfer mixture to rimmed baking sheet; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 4Roast pineapple until beginning to brown, about 15 minutes. Cool.
- 5Chop pineapple, including core, into 1/3-inch cubes. Mix pineapple (about 2 1/2 cups) with remaining 1 1/2 T oil and all remaining ingredients in large bowl.
- 6Let stand at room temperature 1 hour for saffron to soften. Cover salsa; refrigerate at least 1 hour and up to 1 day.
- 7Stir salsa and serve.
Browse Our Top Salsas Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Pineapple, Basil, Serrano and Saffron Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (81 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 66.0
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 28.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 0.8 g