3 hrs 15 mins
Okay, I know it sounds gross...but, trust me, it only sounds that way!! This traditional Mennonite recipe comes from the Mennonite Community Cookbook that was given to me as a gift. Amounts can vary, since the stomach should be tightly stuffed. I usually use 1 lb bulk sausage and 1 lb. turkey sausage. Sometimes to make this very simple, I buy the hash brown shredded potatoes with onion and peppers. I have never used cabbage, but am sure it's good with that in it too. One of my favorite ways to eat sausage; great with a side salad or fresh green beans. TIP: Since pig stomach is not sold everywhere, you may need to pre-order your pig stomach with your butcher.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Make a filling of sausage(s), diced potatoes, chopped onion, pepper and cabbage.
- 2Add seasonings and mix well.
- 3Wash stomach well. Drain and fill stomach with stuffing.
- 4Close opening of stomach securely by "sewing" together using toothpicks.
- 5Place stuffed stomach in a roasting pan with enough water in pan to cover bottom and bake at 350F for approximately 3 hours - stomach should be brown (like a done turkey!).
- 6Slice and serve.
Browse Our Top Amish/Mennonite Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Amish/Mennonite Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Pig's Stomach Aka Dutch Goose
Serving Size: 1 (159 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 584.0
- Calories from Fat 408
- Total Fat 45.3 g
- Saturated Fat 15.0 g
- Cholesterol 122.8 mg
- Sodium 1381.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 27.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: