5 hrs 20 mins
I don't know what's better, the dish or the look you get when you say that's what you're serving. We always loved when Mom served up Pig Stomach. I have adapted this recipe from the Mennonite Cookbook. Consider the stomach to be the "delivery vehicle" and experiment with the seasonings ... follow the recipe for a traditional PA Dutch dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1If not already done, remove inner lining from stomach and discard. (I buy my stomachs ready-to-use from the butcher or meat counter.).
- 2Rinse stomach well and place in bowl.
- 3Cover with 1 quart of water and 2 teaspoons salt.
- 4Let soak for 2 hours.
- 5Mix all remaining ingredients well.
- 6Drain and rinse stomach well.
- 7Fill stomach with stuffing.
- 8Sew openings and holes securely with cotton thread.
- 9Place stomach in roasting pan with water to cover the bottom of the pan.
- 10Bake at 350F for approximately 3 hours adding water as necessary to keep the bottom of the pan covered.
- 11Slice and serve with gravy made from pan drippings.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Pig Stomach
Serving Size: 1 (222 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 557.5
- Calories from Fat 407
- Total Fat 45.3 g
- Saturated Fat 15.0 g
- Cholesterol 122.8 mg
- Sodium 3418.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 26.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: