Recipe by DailyInspiration
This is an Aaron Sanchez/Food Network recipe. Purple potatoes are so beautiful, but if you can't find them -- you can substitute another small potato.
- 2 lbs peruvian purple potatoes, scrubbed
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Mexican oregano
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, minced
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Halve the potatoes and place them in a bowl. Cover them with water if you cut them ahead of time.
- In another bowl, mix olive oil, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper. Mix well. Drain potatoes well and add them to the oil mixture. Toss with olive oil mixture. Spread the potatoes on a sheet pan. Roast for 30 minutes until potatoes are tender. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve.