Recipe by GirlyJu
While I prefer red peppers, you can use either red or green peppers for this recipe. Make plenty, because you can serve these on or in just about anything. I like to serve in salads, pastas and especially over warm garlic crustini or bruchetta.
Top Review by FrenchBunny
Sorry I have no pics because my camera battery was dead. Next time I make this dish I will take pics. This was a great tasting dish. I just cut the recipe in half though and it came out good. I served it over angel hair pasta and sprinkled some parmesan over top. Turned out really well. Thanks for your recipe GirlyJu
- 4 large bell peppers, cleaned and sliced into 3/4 inch slices
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
- Place peppers and seasonings in large shallow baking dish. Do not crowd the peppers or they will steam rather than roast.
- pour oil over peppers and stir well to combine.
- Place in oven and roast until very tender, stirring occasionally. Peppers shouldbrown slightly.
- Remove from oven 40-60 minutes depending on thickness of flesh.
- Serve immediately or cool to room temperature. Also good chilled!