Recipe by Lori Mama
Very tasty pepper recipe. Adapted from Canadian Living Magazine.
Top Review by Brooke the Cook in WI
My basil had gone wild - so this was the perfect supper last night! I added two small roma tomatoes diced and only two cloves of garlic since I was using only three peppers. My DH added crumbled bacon to his and I used fat-free cheese on mine - a versatile recipe. Very filling as well.
- 4 small red peppers, halved and cleaned
- 2 slices whole wheat bread, cut into small cubes
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, shredded
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups grated monterey jack pepper cheese or 2 cups Fontina cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place halved peppers face down on a cookie sheet and roast for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile toast the bread cubes.
- Divide the cubes into the peppers.
- Top with half of the basil and all of the garlic and the cheese of choice.
- Bake another 15 minute.
- Top with remaining basil.