Recipe by Enjolinfam
This richly flavored salad benefits from being made several hours in advance. From The Classic Vegetarian Cookbook.
Top Review by Sharon123
I was roasting some peppers for a sauce, so did this at the same time! I was wishing I could eat all the peppers this way, it was so good! I didn't take a pic, cause I used all red peppers. Yum! Thank you!!!
- 2 large red peppers
- 2 large yellow peppers
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, freshly ground to taste
- 7 sprigs fresh basil (approximate)
Directions See How It's Made
- Quarter the peppers. Place them under a hot broiler, shiny side up, until the skin blisters and turns black. Allow to cool. Tear off the papery skin, and remove and discard the stalk and seeds. Cut the flesh into strips and place the strips in a shallow dish.
- Sprinkle with vinegar, oil, salt, and black pepper. Tear the basil leaves and scatter them over the top. Mix the ingredients lightly together.
- Serve at once, or keep in a cool place for later. If served later, mix again, and check the seasoning.