Taken from Sobeys Inspired magazine Spring 2011 with adjustments. You can use yellow or orange peppers if you prefer. I cut the original recipe back to serve two, but didn't change the dressing amounts, so you will have some leftover. Prep time does not include roasting of the pepper.
- 1 large red pepper, roasted, peeled, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 2 cups fresh spinach, washed, torn into bite sized pieces
- 2 cups romaine lettuce, washed, torn into bite sized pieces
- 1⁄4 English cucumber, halved and sliced into thin discs
- 1 large shallot, sliced thinly
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon pesto sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- In jar with tight fitting lid, place oil through salt and pepper. Shake well and set aside.
- In large bowl, combine the greens. Toss with some of the dressing.
- Evenly distribute the salad among 2 salad plates.
- Top with peppers, cucumber, shallots.
- Drizzle some more of the vinaigrette and add the cheese.