1/1 Photo of Roasted Peppers and Spinach Salad With Pesto Vinaigrette
Lori Mama's Note:
Taken from Sobeys Inspired magazine Spring 2011 with adjustments. You can use yellow or orange peppers if you prefer. I cut the original recipe back to serve two, but didn't change the dressing amounts, so you will have some leftover. Prep time does not include roasting of the pepper.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large red pepper, roasted, peeled, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 2 cups fresh spinach, washed, torn into bite sized pieces
- 2 cups romaine lettuce, washed, torn into bite sized pieces
- 1/4 English cucumber, halved and sliced into thin discs
- 1 large shallot, sliced thinly
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon pesto sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1In jar with tight fitting lid, place oil through salt and pepper. Shake well and set aside.
- 2In large bowl, combine the greens. Toss with some of the dressing.
- 3Evenly distribute the salad among 2 salad plates.
- 4Top with peppers, cucumber, shallots.
- 5Drizzle some more of the vinaigrette and add the cheese.
Browse Our Top Spinach Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spinach Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Peppers and Spinach Salad With Pesto Vinaigrette
Serving Size: 1 (236 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 170.5
- Calories from Fat 99
- Total Fat 11.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 11.0 mg
- Sodium 398.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 7.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: