Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Taken from Sobeys Inspired magazine Spring 2011 with adjustments. You can use yellow or orange peppers if you prefer. I cut the original recipe back to serve two, but didn't change the dressing amounts, so you will have some leftover. Prep time does not include roasting of the pepper.
- 1 large red pepper, roasted, peeled, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 2 cups fresh spinach, washed, torn into bite sized pieces
- 2 cups romaine lettuce, washed, torn into bite sized pieces
- 1⁄4 English cucumber, halved and sliced into thin discs
- 1 large shallot, sliced thinly
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon pesto sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- In jar with tight fitting lid, place oil through salt and pepper. Shake well and set aside.
- In large bowl, combine the greens. Toss with some of the dressing.
- Evenly distribute the salad among 2 salad plates.
- Top with peppers, cucumber, shallots.
- Drizzle some more of the vinaigrette and add the cheese.
What a wonderful salad! I really loved the roasted red bell pepper strips. The dressing was wonderful, easy and healthy. I'm excited because I have some red pepper strips and dressing left over and can use it again in the salad tonight! One note, there was no listing for shallots in the ingredient list, but it is in the directions. Luckily, I had some in my pantry. They were a great addition! ~Made for Photo Tag