Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is such a wonderful and different side dish! I love it! The roasted hominy tastes sorta like popcorn to me. I love making this in the summer.
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can white hominy, drained
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, cut in 1 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, cut in 1 inch pieces
- 1 small onion, cut in 1 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- garlic powder
- italian seasoning
- 1⁄8 cup parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 450º.
- Spray baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Arrange hominy and vegetables on pan.
- Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with seasonings to taste.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle with parmesan just before serving.
Love hominy and always on the hunt for recipes other than pozole that feature the ingredient. This was quick and easy to prepare and the results were visually beautiful and a delight for the tastebuds. I reduced the oil to 2 teaspoons, which provided ample coating for me. Such an easy side I will make this often. Thanks Charmie.
We liked this recipe very much and it easy to make. The roasting brings out the sweetness of the peppers and onions. I forgot the Parmesan but you really don't need it. I will be making this one again. I made this for ZWT III 2007 - Mexico Region