Recipe by Ed&Theresa
Good on a bagel, sandwich roll or a wrap.
Top Review by jennifer in new jersey
delicious! very easy to make, and a nice short list of healthy ingredients. followed recipe except used fresh tomatoes rather than canned as i had some given to me as a gift and i wanted to use them. this was good enough to eat without any kind of bread but i did dip some good organic wheat baguette into it. i could make a meal out of this easily. i will make this again without a doubt. thank you for sharing.
- 1 eggplant (peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces)
- 1 medium onion (sliced)
- 12 ounces roasted red peppers (cut in 1/2, mancini perferred)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes (drained)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix.
- Put on a large cookie sheet, spread evenly.
- Place in oven at 350 degrees, stirring occasionally and to check that veggies are not to dry, add more oil if needed.
- Cook about 1 hour or until veggies are very tender, 350 degrees.
- Cool before serving.
- Add salt to taste.
- May be stored covered in fridge for 1 week or frozen.
- Bring to room temperature and stir before serving.