Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
From BH&G Appetizers.
Make and share this Roasted Pepper Soup Shooters recipe from Food.com.
- 3 yellow sweet peppers
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 1⁄2-3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup chopped peeled sweet potato
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar or 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- grape tomatoes, halved diagonally
- 1 small fresh basil leaf
- Preheat oven to 425°. Quarter peppers. Remove stem, seeds, and white membranes. Place, cut sides down, on a large baking sheet lined with foil. Roast until skins are blistered and dark, about 20minutes. Remove from oven. Enclose peppers in the foil and let stand for 15 minutes. Pull skins off the peppers and discard. Set peppers aside.
- Cook onion and garlic in the oil in a medium saucepan for 5 minutes, until tender. Stir in peppers, broth, and sweet potato. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Cover. Simmer for 15 minutes. Cool. Stir in the basil and vinegar.
- Place half the pepper mixture in a blender or food processor and process until smooth. Repeat with the rest of the mixture. Return everything to the saucepan and reheat.
- To serve, ladle soup into small heat proof glasses. Garnish with skewers threaded with tomato halves and basil leaves.