Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A very easy to prepare recipe that is great for lunch with some good bread and cheese. From BBC Good Food Magazine.
- 6 red bell peppers, cut in half and seeds removed
- 2 red onions, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves removed
- 1 large potato, peeled and cubed (Use a sweet potato if preferred)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ground black pepper
- 600 ml water
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- Put the vegetables into a large roasting pan, along with the thyme leaves.
- Drizzle with the olive oil and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Roast in a 450 degree F oven for 20 minutes or until tender.
- Put the vegetable mixture into a food processor along with the water and ketchup.
- Pulse until smooth.
- Strain if you like, then chill.
- To serve, microwave in heatproof bowls on high for 2 minutes, or bring to a boil in a pan on the stove.