Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Chargrilled red and yellow peppers served sliced with Mediterranean flavours. Recipe by Sara Buenfeld from Good Food Magazine.
- 3 red peppers
- 3 yellow peppers
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for broiling
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 1 -2 tablespoon capers
- 6 basil leaves, shredded (optional)
- Turn on the broiler and line a baking tray with foil. Arrange the peppers, skin-side up, on the baking tray and brush with oil. Broil for 10-15 mins, turning, until skins are well charred. Put the peppers in a plastic bag and seal for 5 mins to loosen the skins.
- Meanwhile, crush the garlic and a generous pinch of salt to a paste using a pestle and mortar. Add the vinegar and oil, and blend to make a dressing. Strip the skins and seeds from the peppers, then quarter. Put the flesh in a bowl or food container. Pour over the dressing and scatter with the pinw nuts, capers and basil if using.