Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I substituted red bell peppers for the roasted peppers and it was wonderful. You can also expirement with the type of bean you use for this recipe. The filling also makes a nice dip for crunchy vegetables or chips. exchanges: 1 1/2 starch, 1 fat
- 1 (15 ounce) can white kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 ounces low-fat cream cheese, softened (Neufchatel)
- 1⁄4 cup packed fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon nonfat milk
- 2 cloves garlic, quartered
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup roasted red sweet pepper, drained and finely chopped
- 6 6-inch flour tortillas
- 1 cup packed spinach leaves
- For the filling, in a blender container of food processor bowl combine the beans, cream cheese, basil, milk, garlic, and black pepper.
- Cover and blend or process until smooth.
- Stir in roasted sweet peppers.
- To assemble, spread about 1/3 c of the filling evenly over each tortilla to within 1/2 inch of the edges.
- Arrange spinach leaves over filling to cover.
- Carefully roll tortillas up tightly.
- Cover and chill roll-ups for 2 to 24 hours.
- To serve, use a sharp knife to cut roll-ups crosswise into 1 1/2-inch slices.
- Serve immedietly.