Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 1⁄4 cup grated fresh parmesan cheese (1 oz)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (5 1/4 ounce) bottle roasted red peppers, drained
- 1 lb italian cheese-flavored pizza dough (such as Boboli)
- 3⁄4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (3 oz)
- 3 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced (about 6 oz)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Drop garlic through food chute with food processor on; process until minced.
- Add basil and next 6 ingredients (basil through bell peppers) and process until smooth, scraping sides of bowl.
- Place pizza crust on a baking sheet.
- Spread pepper mixture over pizza crust, leaving a 1/2 inch border, sprinkle with mozzarella.
- Arrange the tomato slices in a single layer on top of the cheese.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle pizza with oregano.
Mimi, I really liked this pizza! The basil,parmesan and garlic gave this a nice fresh taste! Thanks for posting this !!!