Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
I got this recipe from the Betty Crocker Easy Meals for Diabetes. the book is now falling apart and I keep losing this recipe. Its one of my favorites to take for lunches and I wanted to post it so I can't lose it. If you don't have fresh basil leaves, the freeze dried kind works okay too. This can be made without the mint, but it adds a nice flavour. Hope you enjoy.
- 2 large red peppers or 2 large orange peppers or 2 large yellow peppers
- 1 medium red onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups uncooked whole wheat penne
- 1 1⁄2 cups turkey pepperoni
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat Italian salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint leaves
- Cut peppers into 1 inch pieces. Cut onion into wedges.
- Heat oven to 450 degrees. Place vegetables on a single layer on pan and toss with olive oil. Bake uncovered for 15 to 20 minutes or until they are lightly browned and tender.
- Meanwhile cook and drain pasta as directed. Rinse with cold water and drain.
- Toss peppers, onions, pasta and remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
- Serve immediately or refridgerate for 1 to 2 hours.