Prep 45 mins
Cook 15 mins
Modified from CookingLight
- 3 red bell peppers (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1⁄3 cup kalamata olive, pitted and quartered
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon zest, grated
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1⁄3 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 4 ounces prosciutto, sliced into 1/8-inch strips after removing fat (I buy it fresh from the Italian section of Boston and it in no way resembles what you would buy at t)
- 8 7⁄8 ounces pappardelle pasta (cook this for the recipe, but this is the dry weight)
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, shaved
- Preheat broiler.
- Cut bell peppers in half lengthwise; discard seeds and membranes.
- Place pepper halves, skin sides up, on a foil-lined baking sheet; flatten with hand. Broil 10 minutes or until blackened.
- Place peppers in a zip-top plastic bag; seal. Let stand 10 minutes. Peel and cut into thin strips.
- Combine olives and next 6 ingredients (olives through black pepper) in a bowl.
- Add bell pepper strips and chopped parsley; toss gently to combine.
- Cook prosciutto in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat 3 minutes or until crisp (it took mine a lot longer); remove from pan.
- Add bell pepper mixture to pan; cook over low heat 3 minutes or until heated.
- Place pasta in a large bowl. Add bell pepper mixture and prosciutto; toss gently to combine. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Garnish with parsley sprigs, if desired.