Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 mins
Roasted red peppers and cider vinegar are a few of the ingredients that make this salsa tasty and unique.
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed tomatoes or 1 (15 ounce) canpetite diced tomatoes
- 1 cup roasted red pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon jalapeno pepper, minced (omit for mild salsa)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons cider or 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup sweet onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Combine tomatoes and chopped red peppers in a mixing bowl.
- In a small skilled, cook garlic, cilantro and jalapeno pepper in olive oil on med-low heat until garlic is soft and aromatic (should take only a few minutes).
- Stir into tomato mixture with vinegar and salt.