A slightly spicy, creamy pasta dish. The texture reminds me of a fancy mac&cheese, but there's only 1/4 cup of cheese in the entire recipe. A yummy, savory, EASY dish, especially on a chilly night.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb mild Italian sausage, ground
- 1/2 lb hot Italian sausage, ground
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 bell peppers, or
- 10 mini sweet peppers
- 8 ounces fat-free evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 8 ounces pasta, radiatore
- to taste salt and pepper
- 1Roast bell peppers in oven [400 degrees, coat whole peppers in oil, bake 20 min, turning occasionally, until skins are browned. To easily peel, put in ziploc bag for 15-30min before peeling].
- 2Peel and seed peppers. Puree in food processor or blender until creamy. Set aside.
- 3Cook the pasta while you are doing the steps below.
- 4Heat oil over medium-high heat, add garlic and saute a couple of minutes.
- 5Add italian sausage and heat until thoroughly cooked. Drain on paper towels, drain off excess grease.
- 6Add sausage back to pan, and mix in evaporated milk, pureed pepper, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
- 7Stir in parmesan cheese.
- 8Fold pasta into mixture.
- 9Divide into 6 servings, top with additional parmesan if desired.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Pepper and Sausage Radiatore
Serving Size: 1 (197 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 465.9
- Calories from Fat 210
- Total Fat 23.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 48.3 mg
- Sodium 1024.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 24.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mini sweet peppers