1/1 Photo of Roasted Pepper and Lentil Salad
1 hr 10 mins
This is based on a Weight Watchers recipe modified to suit my own tastes. A wonderfully simple salad that can play center stage at the meal or accompany grilled meat and vegetables. Travels well and would work well for a potluck or picnic.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb dry lentils, rinsed and picked over to remove debris
- 6 cups water
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 large red pepper
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon table salt, to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat feta cheese, crumbled
- 1Bring lentils and water to boil in a saucepan over high heat.
- 2Reduce heat, cover and simmer until lentils are tender, about 30 minutes.
- 3While the lentils are cooking, char the red pepper over a high flame on the stove until the skin is blackened and blistered.
- 4Place it in a paper or plastic bag for 10 minutes to get the skin to further loosen.
- 5Remove skin from pepper and dice into 1/2 inch pieces.
- 6Set aside.
- 7Drain lentils and transfer to a large bowl.
- 8Add vinegar, oil, garlic, peppers and basil; toss to combine.
- 9Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 10Place salad onto serving platter/bowl or individual plates.
- 11Top with feta crumbles.
- 12Serve warm or chilled.
Browse Our Top Lentil Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Pepper and Lentil Salad
Serving Size: 1 (483 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 254.1
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 93.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 18.2 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 15.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-fat feta cheese