Recipe by Don in Virginia
This came from the "Fix it and Forget It" Cookbook. I am writing it as is, but next time I make this appetizer I will double the amount of roasted peppers.
Top Review by Ginny Sue
Good hot dip that I served with baguette slices. I doubled the amount of red pepper as suggested, which was a good idea. I got called away unexpectedly while this was cooking, and ended up being gone for 5 hours. I was sure this would be curdled and overcooked by the time I got back, but it wasn't. I tried a few bites and it was perfect. Unfortunately, I couldn't eat it that day because it was so late, so I refrigerated it and reheated in the microwave a few days later. It was still very good this way as well.
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 14 ounces artichoke hearts, drained and chopped finely
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped roasted red pepper (from 7 ounce jar)
- crackers or fresh carrot
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine Parmesan cheese, mayonnaise, cream cheese, and garlic into a smooth spread.
- Place mixture in crockpot.
- Add artichoke hearts and red bell peppers, stir well.
- Cover. Cook on low for one hour.
- Use as a spread for crackers, carrost, or other cut-up fresh vegggies.