Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
These tasty nibbles are a good source of Iron and Zinc.
- 1⁄2 cup pepitas, raw
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oil, extra-virgin olive
- salt, kosher
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a bowl, combine the pepitas with the olive oil and mix with a fork.
- Sprinkle on ½ teaspoon of salt and again toss with the fork.
- Spread the mixture on a parchment-lined cookie sheet, trying to be sure all the seeds are in one layer.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 5 minutes until fragrant and lightly browned.
- Sprinkle with more salt and any other flavourings of your choice.
- Allow to cool.