Prep 35 mins
Cook 10 mins
I very much doubt that the recipes involving shrimp will ever end. This one is so good. you will be glad that you tried it. It's great as an appetizer and fantastic as an entree. This will go into the favorite section of your recipe books.Source: Bon Appetit
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 6 jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups ground pecans
- lemon juice or lime juice, to pass at the table if desired
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine egg whites, honey, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Split shrimp down the center, cutting almost but not quite completely through, opening the two halves to resemble a butterfly(thus the term butterflying).
- Pat dry with a paper towel and press flat with the palm of your hand.
- Dip each shrimp into the honey-egg wash, then shake off the excess.
- Place in pecans and pat lightly to coat both sides.
- Roast for 10 minutes on a lightly greased sheet pan.
- Can be made 3-4 hours in advance and served at room temperature.