Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Great Salad for people who are not big salad people.
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 1 shallot
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 lb pecans
- 1 (8 ounce) bag mixed greens
- 4 ounces of crumbled blue cheese
- I have a small rocket blender so I just throw all the ingredients for the dressing in here and let it mince my shallots along with it. Stick in to the frig until ready to serve.
- The Pecans are the most time consuming but I like to double this and my family will just snack on them too.
- Put all the ingredients into a pot except the pecans.
- Once everything is melted and mixed together pour in to a big bowl with the pecans. Place the coated place on a piece of wax paper on a cookie sheet. Roast pecans at 250 for 1 hours
- Let them cool, but make sure you don't let them completly cool before breaking up. They will be sticky untill completly cool and will clump together.
- Just throw on top of your mixed greens and blue/fetta cheese. Add your dressing and enjoy.
- This is a great salad for parties. I never know what veggies people like and the pecans are always a hit. I will throw them on any salad to add a spicey sweet and crunch.
- I am also going to make the pecans as gifts for my neighbors b/c the liked them so much.