1/1 Photo of Roasted Pecan-Goat Cheese Chicken
1 hr 40 mins
A nice dress-up for the Sunday chicken. Good with rice and buttered carrots.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 ounces goat cheese (creamy type)
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- pepper, to taste
- 3 1/2 lbs whole chickens
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 2/3 cup dry white wine
- 2/3 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1In a food processor combine pecans, goat cheese, garlic, olive oil, lemon juice and pepper to taste. Process until mixture forms a paste.
- 2Preheat oven to 400ºF. Coat a 13x9x2" roasting pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- 3Carefully loosen skin on chicken breast by gently working fingers under the skin starting from both the neck and body cavity ends. Be careful not to pierce or tear the skin.
- 4Push cheese mixture in an even layer on chicken breasts, underneath the skin. Secure skin with wooden picks. Tie legs together.
- 5Place lemon and onion slices in bottom of roasting pan.
- 6Arrange chicken in roasting pan on onion and lemon slices. Add wine and 2/3 cup broth.
- 7Roast, uncovered, for 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours until thermometer inserted between leg and thigh registers 180ºF. Baste occasionally with pan juices during baking.
- 8If necessary, tent with foil toward end of cooking to prevent overbrowning.
- 9Remove chicken from pan and keep warm. Strain pan juices, discarding lemon and onion slices. Skim fat from pan juices.
- 10To make gravy: Stir cornstarch into water until mixed.
- 11Add 2/3 cup broth to pan juices and bring to a boil. Stir in cornstarch mixture and cook, stirring, until thickened.
- 12Carve chicken and serve with gravy.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Pecan-Goat Cheese Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (467 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 877.7
- Calories from Fat 602
- Total Fat 66.9 g
- Saturated Fat 16.9 g
- Cholesterol 198.3 mg
- Sodium 275.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 51.1 g