Recipe by Brenda.
Roasted Pecans, YUM! adapted from Prudhomme Family Cookbook
Top Review by Mami J
I wish I could star rate this recipe, but I messed up so bad that I can't. I forgot to add the milk AND the sugar. They are hardly edible as is, but I figure I can crumble them and mix them with sugar to use in a pie crust or something. It's been a tough day, so I will try these some other time, they look so yummy. Thank you Brenda. Made for ZWT5 & Dining Daredevils.
- 354.88 ml sugar
- 1 large egg
- 85.04 g cream cheese (softened)
- 236.59 ml unsalted butter (softened)
- 14.79 ml cocoa
- 3.69 ml salt
- 29.58 ml milk
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 532.32 ml flour
- 7.39 ml baking powder
- 473.18 ml pecans, dry-Roasted (chopped)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In large mixing bowl, combine sugar, egg, butter, and cream cheese.
- Mix until very creamy.
- Stir in cocoa and salt.
- Add milk and vanilla.
- Stir well.
- Gradually sift in flour and baking powder Mix well and stir in pecans.
- Drop dough by the heaping teaspoonful onto a greased cookie sheet about 1-inch apart. Bake at 350° until edges of cookies are brown, 12 to 14 minutes.