Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
Roasted Pecans, YUM! adapted from Prudhomme Family Cookbook
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 large egg
- 3 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 1 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups pecans, dry-Roasted (chopped)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In large mixing bowl, combine sugar, egg, butter, and cream cheese.
- Mix until very creamy.
- Stir in cocoa and salt.
- Add milk and vanilla.
- Stir well.
- Gradually sift in flour and baking powder Mix well and stir in pecans.
- Drop dough by the heaping teaspoonful onto a greased cookie sheet about 1-inch apart. Bake at 350° until edges of cookies are brown, 12 to 14 minutes.
I wish I could star rate this recipe, but I messed up so bad that I can't. I forgot to add the milk AND the sugar. They are hardly edible as is, but I figure I can crumble them and mix them with sugar to use in a pie crust or something. It's been a tough day, so I will try these some other time, they look so yummy. Thank you Brenda. Made for ZWT5 & Dining Daredevils.
These are so good; I made them for DS's last day of school, and I hope they make it! They went together very easily, with ingredients on hand. The pecans are the star here! My yield was 62 cookies. Thanks, Brenda., for sharing an easy yummy cookie recipe. Made for ZWT 5.
I can't stop eating these, they're so yummy! As a chocoholic I thought the cocoa was a bit low, but the hint of choc flavour matches so well with the roasted pecans. A keeper. Made for ZWT3